By the end of the summer, 150 individuals volunteered their time, talents, heart and muscle all with the same goal – to show Christian compassion through service to the poor and needy.
Just a few of these teams’ accomplishments include:
- painted the exterior and interior of the Thomazeau and Pageste schools
- conducted 10 Vacation Bible School programs around the country
- made repairs and enhancements to fencing, water systems and plumbing
- painted orphanage housing and built clothes cabinets
- assisted in the construction of walls for a new school kitchen
- distributed clothing and food to sponsored children and community members
- conducted a “Youth Day” for teens in the Thomazeau community
Their efforts were blessed, hearts touched and lives changed. The orphanage administrators and school principals have all reported how deeply grateful they are for this assistance and look forward to working with teams again next summer.